Gesher Jewish Day School is seeking a dynamic and tech-savvy individual to fill the role of Technology Coordinator. Our school is a vibrant Pre-K through 8th grade Jewish community institution committed to fostering a growth mindset, promoting joy, and embracing Jewish pluralism. With approximately 150 students, and a faculty and staff team of around 45 members, Gesher JDS is known for its dedicated teachers, an administration that values professional development, mentorship and collaboration. Situated on a sprawling 28-acre wooded campus in Fairfax, Virginia, our school offers a unique setting featuring a garden, trails, a vernal pond, and a meadow.
As the Technology Coordinator at Gesher JDS, you would play a pivotal role in ensuring the effective integration and management of technology resources that align with the school’s educational mission.
- Ensure all systems and platforms conform with comprehensive cybersecurity best practices and work to continually enhance Gesher’s overall technologysecurity posture
- Provide technology support and training as needed for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Serve as the Google Cloud Administrator, overseeing email, email groups, security, account passwords, and application management.
- Manage information technology resources including budgets, procurement, inventory, network infrastructure, security, and academic and administrative systems.
- In collaboration with the Communications Manager, maintain and update the school’s website to ensure it provides accurate information, is user-friendly, and aligns with the school’s branding.
- Onboard new staff, families, and students with technology needs.
- Maintain and coordinate repair and trouble ticketing for all technology equipment.
- Manage educational technology applications, licenses, student information systems and user accounts.
- Develop and maintain policies for technology usage.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
This position is a full-time, on-campus, in-person role.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and expertise in managing and prioritizing simultaneous projects
- Service orientation, flexibility, and collaborative mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Tenacity in learning new skills, identifying solutions, and resolving issues
- Proficiency in GSuite Portal/Tools is a requirement, FACTS, Trello, Blocksi, NWEA Testing, Clever, Zapier, and educational applications a plus.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn and research current best practices and trends in technology integration in education.
- BA/BS degree and some experience in a school setting is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $56,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person